The 2018 Rhododendron Walking Festival Itinerary will be as follows (online booking will follow shortly):
Friday June 1st:
- Official Launch with Guest Speaker for brief introduction.
- Local Heritage Walk of Clogheen and surrounds.
- Refreshments & Music in the Community Centre.
- Book Now (pre-booking required for numbers)
Saturday June 2nd:
- A, B & C grade walks along the 34km Knockmealdown Forest Linear Trail from Ballyporeen to Newcastle.
- Parking at Newcastle with buses to walk starting points (Ballyporeen, Clogheen & Goatenbridge).
- Hot meal for all participants in Newcastle Community Hall on walk completion.
Sunday June 3rd:
- 1 & 3 Hour walking trails from Clogheen Community Hall
- The 3 Hour trail includes Baylough and Loughglenbridge and takes in some of the most breathtaking views of blooming Rhododendron in the country – Book 3 Hour Trail Now
- 1.5 Hour trail will take in some of the foothills of the Knockmealdown Mountains including areas with swathes of blooming rhododendrons. This walk is suitable for children and less experienced walkers – Book 1.5 Hour Trail Now
Live band & refreshments for all participants at Clogheen Community Hall from 2 to 4pm.
Monday June 4th
- Family fun day
- Walk from the Vee to Kildanogue Duck Ponds
- Guest Speakers & fun activities for children.
- Booking online soon